Tuesday 15 May 2012

No news is good news??

Well instinct was right, I knew that something wasn't quite right.

The results eventually came back from the scan and my doctor called asking me to come into the surgery.  To say I wasn't worried would be a lie.  I was a little upset as I left work that night and made my way there.
My doctor is very good at detailing information and as soon as I went in, out came the books and the diagrams as he went through the results of the scan.  There are multiple probloems from the C4 through the neck to the C7; the C6 being the prominent one that is causing me problems.  He has written to my surgeron in Sheffield who responded and wasnt unduly worried and said there was nothing "sinister" in the report.  He did however want to see the scan pictures so I will await a letter from him to see what he thinks.  My doctor said that this is likely from either being a rugby player (well, THAT is something I am definately not!) or a major traumatic accident - explaining that the car crash some 25 years ago has now come back to haunt me. 

It also explains the migraines - C6 is linked to migraines, so at least I can explain that one. 

Right now though there is no talk of surgery so its business as usual and get on with life.  The pain has diminished from the neck and shoulder and the only evidence of something wrong is the right thumb feeling numb and tingly.  I can live with that but it really does make texting on my phone a problem!!!!

Note to him upstairs - Please could you give me a little break? I'm trying to get the other spinal problem sorted right now so if you could cut some slack and let me get on with that without throwing more problems into the pot
?!!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe not quite what you wanted to hear but at least they're not rushing you in for more surgery. (((hugs))) xx

    ReplyDelete