Wednesday 21 March 2012

A letter....

From my journal:

“My Darling Mark…….

Sitting here the night before the second operation and I feel incredibly calm, maybe that’s down to the excitement of the day I just had?! Hmmmm, glad you laughed about the commode incident, and looking back it was pretty funny!

In all honesty, I think it is because of your quiet reassurance  and strength that has got me here today, and the love that you show me by just being you.  It gives me the strength to carry on and get through it because ultimately I want to be stood by your side as your wife one day.

Never have I wanted to be bonded to someone as much as I do to you.  I don’t care for a fairytale wedding, the big parties or the excitement it all brings;  I just want to stand beside you, look at you and feel the intense love I see every time I look into your gorgeous brown eyes.  I think what we have is what I know I have been looking for all my life – true love.

From the moment we met 7 years ago I knew you were special.  I don’t regret the years in-between that we missed together, after all , they have made us who we are today, and today we are stronger than we were back then.  You have completely overwhelmed my life since you came back into it.  I am so glad I came looking for you, relieved you wanted to be in touch with me and so happy that we have found love that is second to none. 

More than anything, I want you to know that I won’t ever stop loving you, I will do everything I can to make our lives happy and complete.  I want to share every minute of every day, live as a couple and still have the freedom to grow and bond.

Thank you for making me so happy.  Throughout all of this pain you have kept me strong and focused and I feel completely loved and cherished by you. 

The picture that kept me going...


With all my heart I will love you always and 
forever. (and a day of course!)

Caroline xx”

No comments:

Post a Comment