Wednesday 21 March 2012

Week Three… Just when you think it can’t get any worse!

I can’t believe I am now entering week three in hospital.  I don’t feel any further on, my legs don’t seem as bad as the previous week, the left leg has gained a little more strength but to be honest, it is still a dead weight and I am beginning to wonder when things are going to improve now.  I can press down on the bed but that is as good as it gets, the right leg is fine, seems to be working ok although the feeling and sensation is still a little strange.  I want to speak to my surgeon and find out the outcome of the scan, I want to know if I am fixed.

Physio Terrorists come round daily, they get me out of bed, standing, it’s real fun and games as I am attached to a morphine drip, have an epidural in the back and a chest drain on the bed – I won’t be escaping any time soon! 

Am still on bed baths and getting my hair washed as and when the nurses have time.  I have to admit, that is the best feeling in the world and I love it! 

I had a text off Mark “you won’t believe where I am”….. you’re right. 

In a million years I wouldn’t have imagined he would be in an ambulance on his way to Lincoln hospital as he had injured himself whilst playing football.  Looking back it seemed funny but at the time it was incredible.  What had we done to deserve this?  We also had a message to say that his daughter was in a hospital in London, so three of us were stuck in hospitals miles apart!  When he managed to get out of hospital that day, he had severely sprained his ankle and was unable to drive.  The day he couldn’t visit me was the longest day ever and I was devastated.  However, he needed to rest and that wasn’t a bad thing.  Three weeks of doing a four hour round trip was taking it’s toll. 

He did manage to get to me the following day when Leigh and Chloe drove him over and he limped in to see me, and walked out with my crutches!!!


Matt completed the Great North Run whilst I was in hospital, he has really progressed with his fitness and running since starting his job at the Hotel and Leisure Club.  He has come a long way ad I am incredibly proud of his progress, he even dedicated his badge to me :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment